Composer, Conductor, Pianist
Excerpts from Alpha and Omega
Gil Shohat: Composer/Conductor/Pianist
(see program below)
1. G. Shohat/Alpha and Omega/Opera. Final Scene. Israel Opera Choir, Israel Symphony Orchestra, Gary Bertini.
2. G. Shohat/Max and Morritz/Opera. Teacher Explosion, Insects Trio. Shohat Vocal Ensemble.
3. G. Shohat/Hymn to Happiness. Michal Shamir, sop. with choir of 6000 Moslem and Jewish children, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, Stanley Sperber
4. G. Shohat/Sacred Symphony (Sym. No. 8). Final choral. Sharon Rostorf, Philharmonia Choir, Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra, Stanley Sperber.
5. G. Shohat/End of All Roads for clarinet and ensemble. Israel Chamber Orchestra Soloists.
6. G. Shohat/Improvisation No. 3. Gil Shohat, piano.
7. G. Shohat/The Water's Surface, Music Picture for Harp and 22 strings. Ra'anana Symphonette, Yuval Zaliouk.
8. G. Shohat/Anekdotos XVI for Marimba Solo. Ziv Eitan, marimba.
9. G. Shohat/Tyre and Jerusalem, music for theatre, Final Dance. Israel Chamber Orchestra, Stanley Sperber.note: this selection continues onto the next video)
10. Beethoven/Overture to Coriolanus, Op. 62, Israel Chamber Orchestra conducted by Gil Shohat.
11. Beethoven/Piano Concerto No. 5 Op. 73 (Emperor). Gil Shohat, piano, Israel Chamber Orchestra.
Copyright 2008 © Gil Shohat
Produced by OR-TAV